Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Back to the Grind

Today seems especially hard for me. Suffering from lack of sleep, I attempted to get up and get to work at a descent hour and only partially succeeded. Got there by nine but was in some what of a frumpy mood. I woke up at 7 am with Kt's departure for school in Freddy. Freddy for those who don't know is a 1980 4 Runner with a bunch of miles and a low pressure muffler system that rumbles sorta loudly. After she left, I thought for a second and realized how empty the house was, just L and I. Wow, how quiet and peaceful.

Ahhhhhh.

Don't get me wrong having all of the kiddo's and grand kiddos around was a bunch of fun, but it was tiring.

Not 15 minutes later I hear Freddy come rumbling back down the street, then a door slam, the front door slam, racing feet up the stairs and a hard knock on the door; A urgent and slightly freaked out Kt said, "I need some gas money, the gas warning light came on as I was on my way to school. " Little did she realize that a quick pull off of the road and a call back to us and I would easily explained that she had about 20 miles to go if the light just came on, plenty to drive to and from school.
After L raced around for a couple of minutes to find some cash, she ran back out the door, now hopeless late for dance try outs for modern.
And now we lay back down for one more minute of peace and can't get the whole Kt thing still going round in our heads.

The day went on with this mood for most of the day. I did take a short walk around the campus during lunch time. It had an energizing effect, especially with how cold it was. I was able to get some work done, still with a sorta half-hearted pace.

Home, and right to a meeting with a sales lady who we purchased long-term care insurance from. It's a lot less than I thought it would be.

Off to church for an hour or so to plan the music for Sunday. With that done I called my brother-in-law J. We had agreed to meet at the house. He was borrowing my USB HDTV stick for the big game Thursday.

Now it's time for a bit of sleep. Night all.

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Hmmm whatever could have possibly made you sleep deprived?? ; )

Donovan LOVED his time with all y'all, but his little face also lit up when he saw all his own familiar toys and things, and he was so happy (i.e. playing independently and not needing much from me) all day yesterday, happy to have some peace and quiet of his own.

I can't believe Freddy's still running... lol